We believe that delivering your groceries to your home represents a lower ecological footprint than shopping in stores. Why?
Lower energy requirements
Selling online allows us to save a lot of energy compared to physical stores because your packages leave directly from our warehouse without going through a store: no surface to furnish, heat, light, no computer equipment for on-site sales management...
Buying online reduces the total number of trips carried since it avoids individual trips to favor a single trip by our truck which can deliver up to 100 orders per round.
The law of 5Rs
The warehouse is subject to the 5Rs: an audit has been put in place to continually re-evaluate our package manufacturing process, and question each step according to the following principles:
- Refuse: we ensure that all unnecessary waste is avoided. It starts with refusing to market over-packaged or unsustainable products when defining our catalogue with our producers and suppliers.
- Reduce: the waste that we cannot avoid must be as clean as possible. For example, the sticky paper used to seal the parcel boxes is made from recycled paper and potato starch: adios plastic and chemical materials!
- Reuse: all essential waste is reused to re-create value in the production chain. For example, cardboard from our suppliers is crushed to protect the glass products in your orders.
- Recycle: a procedure has been put in place to facilitate the sorting of waste and we can say today that everything that enters our warehouse and that cannot be reused will be pulled to be recycled.
- Rot: at this stage, no waste can/must be composted because no product is thrown in the trash thanks to the fabulous management of our warehouse manager and our inventory manager!
One last very significant point: the efforts we make on a daily basis to promote the transition to more sustainable consumption patterns. Among many others, we will emphasize the following ones:
- Our carbon emissions are minimized and 100% offset
- Part of our sales is redistributed to associations that work for the same mission as ours and with whom we want to collaborate for a positive world
- We work with promising young brands that are advocating the ideals that are at the basis of Kazidomi
- We were lucky enough to be certified by various organizations, such as BCorp, which highlights companies that have a positive impact around them
If you have any questions or suggestions on this subject, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Happiness team at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will be more than happy to answer you! :-)